The Policies Of Big Money Politicians Are Often Mean, Evil, Not Christian
According to Nobel-prize winning economist Paul Krugman:
Giving a few thousand millionaires’ heirs extra millions of dollars
was MORE IMPORTANT to Republicans
than 8.9 million sick and disabled children’s health care, including even kids with cancer!
- In 2017, Republicans spent $1.5 TRILLION to give billionaires and corporations tax cuts WHILE AT THE SAME TIME they refused to fund the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for 8.9 million disabled and sick children’s health care.
- While spending $1.5 trillion on tax cuts for the wealthy, Republicans claimed there was just no money for the children’s medical needs.
- Previously, married couples with estates of $11 million or less paid no inheritance tax. But that wasn’t good enough for Republicans!
- As part of the massive tax cut, Republicans doubled how much rich heirs could inherit tax free, so now the children of married coupled with estates of up to $23.4 million pay no inheritance tax.
- This one change alone cost $20 billion, $5 billion more than the total $15 billion cost of CHIP. AT THE SAME TIME, they pretended they just couldn’t afford children’s healthcare.
Republicans Let People Die & Screw Our Economy:
Many Republican governors and state legislatures choose to LET THEIR PEOPLE DIE and have weaker economies by refusing to expand Medicaid.
- Research shows expanding Medicaid SAVES LIVES and also boosts state economies by reducing state public healthcare spending, reducing medical debt, and increasing employment, income, tax revenue, and consumer spending.
- Yet in 12 states, Republicans have REFUSED to expand Medicaid, despite our federal government’s offer to pay 95% of the cost for the first 2 years and 90% of the cost after that.
- Overall, because of the minimal state costs, these states refusing the health care expansion actually lose money.
Inequality makes our economy weaker.
- Most of our economy, 70%, is consumer spending.
- So our economy does best when average workers have money to spend.
But Republicans and so called “moderate” Big Money Democrats have spent decades giving tax breaks to the wealthy and to corporations, while constantly cutting government and social services.
- According to the RAND Corporation, over the last 40 years, the middle- and lower classes, the bottom 90% of Americans have lost $50 trillion to the richest Americans, especially to the richest 1% and .1%.
- If it weren’t for the rich taking nearly all the profits in our economy, this massive growth of inequality over the last 40 years, if all incomes just kept up with US economic growth, every full-time worker making $50,000 a year or less would now be making over twice as much as they do now.
- So Republican tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations have stolen $50 trillion from the middle and lower classes and given it to billionaires and millionaires, making them far, far richer.
- This has shrunk the middle class, pushed more people into poverty, and weakened our economy because the average person has less money to spend.
- Republicans have proven over and over they don’t care about ordinary Americans or our economy. They only care about the wealthy donors that fund their campaigns.
- When it comes to spending money to help poor and middle-class Americans, Republicans say: Whoah, NO WAY, That’s out of bounds! That’s socialism, communism! We can’t AFFORD THAT! They constantly claim we have to cut government and social services.
- When people can’t afford health care or medicines, some of them die.
- For decades, Republicans have been constantly cutting Social Security and Medicaid and trying to cut Medicare.
- Republicans sabotage every Democratic attempt to help Americans or our economy, just so they can blame Democrats for a weak economy, make Americans angry, and get back in power.
- But when Republicans are in power, all they do is pass massive tax cuts for the rich and cut social services.
What would Trump and the Republicans do if they were in power again? You can tell by looking at Trump’s 2021 budget proposal. Trump tried to cut $1.6 trillion from:
- Social Security Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- the Affordable Care Act (health care)
- SNAP (food stamps)
- public health
- housing assistance
- home energy assistance
- justice and law enforcement
- job training
- legal aid to the poor
- scientific research
- environmental protection
Trump’s planned cuts mostly targeted programs that helped low- and moderate-income households. These cuts would have shrunk our non-defense spending to the lowest level since the late 1920s relative to the size of our economy. It also would have:
- cut millions of people off of health care
- increased health care costs for millions more
- cut money for kindergarten, elementary, and high schools
- cut money for school meal programs
- made it harder for struggling families to put food on the table
- cut programs for homeless people and victims of domestic violence
- cut disability benefits, causing hardship for all disabled people and families caring for children with disabilities
GREEDY, CORRUPT BILLIONAIRES have used Republican and Big Money Democrat PUPPETS in Congress to cut government and social services and steal all the profits in our economy for the last 40 years.
- So called “moderate” Democrats like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema are just as bad as Republican puppets in Congress. They are really Big Money Democrat billionaire puppets.
- Joe Manchin has millions of dollars of personal investments in coal and has raked in money from defense, coal, oil, gas, health insurance, pharmaceutical, and financial corporations.
- Kyrsten Sinema has raked in money from business organizations and pharmaceutical, defense, entertainment, financial, and manufacturing corporations.
The Corrupt Billionaires Are The Ones Who:
- pollute our air, waters, and earth, then claim corporate bankruptcy and close companies to avoid paying for it
- destroyed our unions
- eliminated job benefits for most people
- always fight decent pay or universal health, education or job benefits
- cut social services
- sent dozens of test cases to the Supreme Court until they won the right to buy our elections and Supreme Court judges
- took all our economic growth and put it into corporate profits and personal accounts overseas instead of paying decent wages
These billionaires constantly use focus groups to create effective messages to keep their coalition together. They raise hysteria about:
- the “lazy” poor
- welfare queens
- taking our guns away
- socialism or communism
in order to divide Americans and stay in power. Ranting about the “lazy” poor has convinced many Americans to cut government services, shrinking the middle class and pushing more of us into poverty.
These corrupt billionaires will use these traditional issues again in the next election, plus their newest tools —hysteria over:
- mask mandates
- vaccine mandates
- transsexual children
- supposed “critical race theory” in schools
Republicans Refuse All Popular, Common Sense Proposals To Protect Us From Gun Violence:
- Republicans refuse to allow ANY gun safety bill to come to a vote, despite regular mass murders, over 150,000 people shot each year, an average of 109 gun deaths a day, and almost 40,000 deaths from firearms a year.
- These shootings costs us at least $229 billion each year.
- The vast majority of Americans, 90% support universal background checks, including even 70% of members of the National Rifle Association.
- Yet Republicans constantly block universal background checks every time Democrats propose them.
- Democrats tried to stop people on the terrorist watch list from buying assault rifles but Republicans blocked it.
Even after massacres, Republicans refuse common-sense proposals to make our country safer.
- After the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre of 20 children and 6 teachers, Democrats tried to ban assault weapons and magazines that contained more than 10 bullets but Republicans refused to vote on it.
- Democrats tried to ban assault weapons again in 2015 after the San Bernardino, California massacre of 14 people and in 2107 after the Las Vegas massacre of 58 people that wounded 851 people but Republicans killed these proposals, too.
- Democrats tried to establish universal background checks after the Sandy Hook and San Bernardino massacres but Republicans killed those efforts, too.
- After the 2016 Orlando massacre of 49 people, Republicans again blocked a proposal to stop people on the terrorist watch list from buying assault rifles.
Republicans Deliberately Made It Easier For Mentally Ill People To Buy Guns!
Republicans even fight to weaken our FBI National Instant Criminal Check System (NICS) to screen people buying a gun.
- Some people on Social Security are so mentally disabled that their checks go to somebody else to handle their money for them. Social Security used to report those people to NICS so that they could not buy guns or assault weapons.
- One of the very first laws Republicans passed after Trump’s election eliminated this rule, allowing 75,000 people on Social Security disability for mental illness and unable to control their finances the right to buy weapons. What kind of sick priority is that?
- Republicans also passed a law blocking the Department of Veteran’s Affairs from reporting to the NICS veterans too mentally ill to manage their own affairs.
- Trump’s 2019 budget cut $12 million in funding for the NICS background check for gun purchases, including funds for reporting domestic violence, protection orders, and other crimes to the database.
Republicans Refuse To Denounce Violence
- Republicans pretend that the vicious anti-democratic January 6th Capitol rioters are heroes, patriots, political prisoners, or just normal tourists. And they’re sabotaging all attempts at investigating the truth or prosecuting criminal acts.
- During the presidential campaign of 2020, a “Trump Train” of 40 or 50 vehicles, mostly pickup trucks organized on Facebook flying flags in support of Trump, repeatedly tried to run a Biden campaign bus off the I-35 highway in Texas for 90 minutes.
- One of the Trump Train drivers even sideswiped a Biden campaign SUV, bragging about it on Facebook. Yet Republican Senator Marco Rubio cheered the Trump Train on and President Trump tweeted “I LOVE TEXAS!” and called the Trump Train drivers “patriots.”
- Biden’s campaign workers called police for help multiple times as the Trump Train terrorized them. Other witnesses also called 911 to report the dangerous drivers, but the local Republican San Marcos, TX police laughed, joked about it, and refused to escort the Biden campaign for safety. The Biden campaign had to cancel 3 campaign events in Texas.
- Republican leaders said nothing when Republican member of Congress Marjorie Taylor Greene supported calls for violence against Democrats including Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama.
- Republican leaders remain silent when Republican members of Congress like Madison Cawthorn or Paul Gosar talk about bloodshed over false stolen election claims.
- Republican leaders said nothing when Madison Cawthorn told his followers to “Be armed, be dangerous” or when Paul Gosar told mothers: “If you are raising a young man, please raise them to be a monster.”
Republican Lies And Encouragement Of Violence Have Made Our Country More Dangerous
Because of Republican lies about Biden stealing the election from Trump and Republicans encouraging violence:
- Many Trump supporters at the January 6th Capitol riot set up a gallows, hung a noose on it, and chanted “Hang Mike Pence.”
- Many others at the January 6th riot, including little middle-aged ladies, screamed they were coming to “get” “bitch,” “traitor,” and “cunt” Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
- Four people have threatened to kill Nancy Pelosi. Three of them were at the January 6th Capitol riot. One of them had a gun there but thankfully didn’t find her.
- In just the first 4 months of 2021, the Capitol police reported threats against members of Congress more than doubled compared to 2020.
- A number of Republicans in Congress have admitted they voted against impeaching Trump because of fear for their own safety if they didn’t!
- Representative Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio is leaving Congress because of violent threats to him and his family, simply because he voted to impeach Trump.
- Even the 13 House Republicans who just voted for a bipartisan infrastructure bill have received death threats.
- In Republican congressional offices and Republican community meetings, threats of violence are open and increasingly common.
- At a Republican rally in Idaho, a young man asked when he could start killing Democrats, “When do we get to use the guns? How many elections are they going to steal before we start killing these people?” The audience applauded and the local state Republican representative later called it a “fair” question.
- People have shouted profanities, made death threats, and sometimes stalked or physically attacked school board members, teachers, and other school employees all across our country.
- Most of the threats have been over covid school closures and mask mandates but others involve covid vaccines, policies toward LGBTQ students, and the way race and history are taught in schools.
- Some school board members have quit over the threats and intimidation.
- The National School Boards Association asked President Biden, the Departments of Justice, Education, Homeland Security, and the FBI for help in dealing with the threats and violence, so the Justice Department had to set up a task force and $125 million in grants to help.
- After the Justice Department declared it was going to investigate threats to school board members, in a House Judiciary Committee hearing, Republican Representative Jim Jordan complained, “They’re going to open up a snitch line on parents.”
- Many election officials and poll volunteers have also faced harassment and threats of violence. Now 1/3 of poll workers feel unsafe and 79% of them want our government to provide them security.
- Reuters focused on just 16 states and found over 850 hostile and threatening emails, voicemails, texts, letters, and internet posts to election officials and staff. Many were profane and almost all of them expressed support for Donald Trump or claimed a “stolen election.”
- In a survey, 23% of public health officials said they felt bullied, threatened, or harassed because of their work.
- Researchers at the Hopkins School of Public Health found at least 1,500 incidents of harassment and violence against public health workers between March 2020 and January 2021, including shots fired at workers’ homes.
- Many public health workers have had to install security cameras at home, carry pepper spray, drive unmarked cars, change their children’s routines for fear of attacks, or ask for police escorts or police patrols at their homes.
- One public health director in Michigan was almost run off the road by an angry person.
- Over 500 public health officials have left their jobs in the last 19 months, often because of abuse and threats.
- As a result, a national association representing 3,000 public health departments has asked the Justice Department to add them to the federal effort to protect school board members, teachers, and other school employees from threats of violence.
Now 2/3 of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump and 39% of Republicans support violence to “protect or save the country.”
Experts understand when political parties endorse violence, it often destroys democracy and leads to authoritarianism.
© Copyright 2022 Peace & Harmony Press. All rights reserved.